BUILDING BRIDGES OF RECONCILIATION
AMERICAN FRIENDS OF THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF THE SUDANS (AFRECS)
WEST DES MOINES, IOWA
OCTOBER 21-23, 2016
“We need constructive support from our Sudanese brothers and sisters outside the country as we seek to
restore peace and rebuild trust in South Sudan.”
-- Rev. Peter Gai, Chairman, South Sudan Council of Churches
- Explore Opportunities to support the Diaspora in North America
efforts for peace and reconciliation in South Sudan.
- Explore ways the friendship of North Americans can contribute to
peacemaking in South Sudan and Sudan.
Distinguished Guest Speakers and workshop leaders: (Tentative)
- Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul; The Episcopal Church in South Sudan
- Bishop Samuel Enosa Peni; Diocese of Nzara, South Sudan and
Chairperson of the Joint Peace and Reconciliation Commission of The
Episcopal Church in South Sudan and Sudan.
- Congressman Jim Leach; Congressman from Iowa, 1977-2007, and
Retired Chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Dr. Dane Smith; Adjunct Professor, School of International
American University, Washington DC and Former Senior Advisor in the
Office of the US Special Envoy for Darfur and Deputy Chief of Mission in
Sudan as well as Ambassador to Guinea and Senegal.
- The Rev. Canon Angela S. Ifill, Missioner, Black Ministries, The
Episcopal Church (U.S.)
Conference Location: St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church, 1020-24th St., West Des Moines, IA
For more information contact AFRECS at email@example.com